Starting #BBG

This is it! The beginning of the end... haha! The end of sugary snacks, well.. that'll be everything that I love then. Wah!

So after a few months of failed attempts at getting into a routine of going to the gym, eating healthy.. so on and so fourth, I finally got my head in gear and discovered the Bikini Body Guide by Kayla Itsines. It's a 12 week guide of workouts (which you can do at home or at the gym - I prefer to do the plan at home, and using the gym for Cardio/HIIT/LISS workouts!).

What changed? Well since April last year, i've really piled on the pounds and I've gained almost a stone and a half. I'm not saying "oh my god i'm so fat, I need to be soo skinny" I just want to be comfortable in my own skin, and right now i'm not - that's all there is to it! I never really let go, i've just never really worked out. And I really think with the stress of the last year, nearly two.. it's really taken it's toll on my health.

I've been trying hard, but have lost motivation and I get discouraged when my little health issue crops up (maybe i'll talk about that in another post). But with only 78 sleeps to go until Australia, I decided it's now or never! I'm not stressing over calories or nitty gritty diet details, i'm just cutting out the rubbish, eating the foods I need for my body, making sure I get my fruit and veg. (Of course I allow myself treats, but in moderation.)

So here it goes I guess! I've completed week 1 (I started late, but caught up for week 2 on Monday) and I can honestly say it's... tough!!! You know when you hear people say "I've discovered muscles I didn't even know I had"? They aren't kidding. Who knew a simple task such as going to the toilet the day after your first work out was going to be the toughest task of your life? (haha!) I feel sore, like i've been hit by a lorry in the gut, but that's how I know it's working. That feeling actually makes me feel proud that I completed each workout and didn't just give up because trust me, I was ready to!


This journey is also one of the main reasons I began this blog. I've been thinking of doing it for a while, but I feel like if I jot it down and document my progress it will help me keep motivated and determined. I'll be updating with progress from here on out, so if you're interested in keeping up with my journey (perhaps you're even starting your own) don't be a stranger! :)






Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment